Sunday, February 1, 2009

grumblecakes

I've been trying to think of something impersonal enough to write about in my blog. My thoughts have turned to my relationship problems, my personality flaws, the question of whether I would regret getting a tubal ligation at my age... all of these issues seem a bit too personal to discuss in writing at the moment, even if my readership only consists of myself and my friend Brian, who will tire of me soon enough (Shout out to Brian, "Yo!").

Preparations for future unemployment are going slowly. I supposedly started following my new budget today, as it is the first of the month. I find myself wondering if I should stay employed up until the moment I go away for grad school (or the moment I find out I haven't been accepted anywhere, at which point, plan "Marijuana in the Mountains" would go into effect, or "Booze on the Beach", or "Heroin Anywhere".... but I digress). I still salivate at the thought of having a few months to just work on writing and not work at a proper job, but this whole economy thing is starting to make me a bit more nervous. Also the trips I'm planning will not be completely free. And do you know how much it costs to eat gluten-free? Too fucking much, that's how much. Peanut-butter and jelly is like a whole different scenario when your bread costs $6 a loaf. Oh look, I'm whining again. Sorry.

Still trying to learn some Russian and some Italian. Still trying to form platonic friendships with men. Still fighting the good fight. At least, I hope it's the good fight.

1 comment:

  1. Big ups for the shout-out.

    Unemployment isn't so bad when you live on the cheap. Problem is that the cheap happens pretty far away from anywhere you'd want to be. What I'm trying to say is that you'd be surprised what $100 buys you in Hays, Kansas.

    Keep on updating, I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete