Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Point

Okay, Katia made a good point (which I will respond to privately, but I thought I'd respond to it "publicly" first) -- I am being annoying. Actually that's not what she said, but I am. Presumably I am a mostly capable person, in spite of some personality flaws and rejection phobia, and if God exists, s/he/it wants us to be happy (I think), so enough already. I can't really expect people to put up with another year, two years, whatever, of me whining about how much I hate my job and how much I wish I was talented enough to be a writer or whatever I'm whining about. My attitude is making my dog depressed. That's just not right.

So, the plan is important, and following through with the plan is just as important. I am going to move back to Ohio and live at my parents' house while I apply for grad school. There, I said it. I feel better now. And also worse. I really think part of my indecisiveness stems from the fact that I have a really hard time envisioning a positive outcome from anything I do or any decision I make. But that's what therapy and antidepressants are for, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure that we appeal to the same demographic

    But then again, while some might construe your attitude as "whiney," it's pretty much the same as the attitude that my underlies my work.

    Maybe you need to start posting doodles with your ramblings?

    ReplyDelete