Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fat Azz and the Fatty Azzes

I don't know why, but I think Gabe and I used to talk about a pretend band called Fat Azz and the Fatty Azzes. I might be spelling that wrong. I don't want to be in that band, and by that I mean, I don't want to buy new clothes. There must be some way for me to acquire the kind of depression that makes you not eat instead of the kind of depression that makes you eat. I'm going to look into that while continuing my very sad Wii fitness regimen.

There are not enough hours in the day. When I finally get into a groove where I'm starting to write, or even have coherent thoughts about what I should be writing, I always get derailed by the piles of work and dishes and crap around me. It's constant fucking maintenance, this damn life. I was supposed to have dinner and see a movie with a friendly guy I barely know tonight, but I canceled to stay in and work on my stuff for my online class. And that's fine. I'm having a hard time relating to people right now anyway, and this guy is far too happy and well adjusted and self-actualized and whatever the hell else for me to try to have a normal conversation with him, so it's good that I stayed home. But I should leave the house eventually, is the thing. I should try to interact with people at some point. I can say this is just temporary, but really, how long is it going to last?

Also, I need to kill the television. I keep getting sucked in by these Logo or Lifetime movies that Joshua is watching. Logically I know there is no reason to watch them; they're barely even entertaining. I do sometimes think TV is more addictive than alcohol and most drugs. You could say it's less damaging, but I'd like to see a controlled study to prove it.

1 comment:

  1. It's a dystopian present, to be sure. I call it "the business of living," as in "How could I possibly get anything done when I have so much to do?"

    ReplyDelete