Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good luck with that

It's easy enough to decide that you don't want to continue doing what you're doing, but it's another thing entirely to try to figure out what you're supposed to be doing instead. I'm about 75% sure that I don't want to stay in San Francisco, but then again I've only ever lived in the Mission and maybe there are other neighborhoods that would suit me better? Oakland even seems preferrable right now -- I need to be paying less rent, obviously, but I'd also like less craziness, I think. I don't need to be surrounded by bars and awesome people. Sometimes I want something a little quieter.

California is a big state, so if I wanted to stay here, I suppose I could find a slightly calmer spot. I always have a good time in Monterey, and I like the fact that people have sand instead of grass for their yards there. Grass is kind of dumb anyway. But I would need a car if I moved out of the city, I think. Or if I move back to Ohio, or if I move to a swamp in the South. So I probably need a car.

Reasons not to leave SF include the handful of friends I have here, and my bookclub. Oh, and Thinking Beard Press, if that gets off the ground. But I could teleconference in for the board meetings. Grumbles. I really don't know. I can't make a fucking plan to save my life. This is what killed Hamlet, right? I'm turning 28 on Friday. I was going to take the day off and ponder my existence, but I think that might actually be a horrible idea. I'll just read a book or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment